Direct to Consumer Brand Manager
San Mateo, CA
PlayStation seeks a dynamic, highly motivated Digital/Ecom Marketing Manager for our Direct to Consumer (DTC) team. The Digital/Ecom Marketing Manager is the lead for developing tactical mix and achieving flawless execution that drives optimal reach, awareness, and conversion for PlayStation's DTC business.
The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for establishing the PlayStation's DTC experience as the premiere retail destination for PlayStation Hardware, Peripherals, Games, and Subscription Services.
Key to this role is developing, driving and evolving innovative high-impact/high-return retail programs, thus ensuring a balanced approach to new purchaser customer acquisition and re-engagement through traditional and digital marketing channels. This position will include working with cross functional teams to execute on performance marketing that hits the target audience at the various lifecycle of their consumer journey via right message, right time, right context approach to drive maximum conversion.
Reporting into the Group Manager, Marketing Lead | Direct to Consumer, the role will be responsible for working cross functionally with Product, Licensing, Marketing, Commerce, Paid Media, CRM, Creative, Client Engineering, PlayStation.com, Merchandising, Analytics, Store Operations teams, to help drive the business and customer engagement.
We are seeking a driven individual who has attention to detail and passion for data. With a strong command of marketing, e-commerce and significant experience in driving DTC experiences via digital, they will create marketing programs that drive sales and engagement for PlayStation DTC by considering and supporting the user experience simultaneously with business efficiency and clarity, and respond well in a fast-paced environment!
Ability to thrive and lead amidst ambiguity are crucial skills. Demonstrated mastery of verbal and written communication skills is also important, as they will lead communication with key partners and leadership across a global organization.
Main Areas of Responsibility/Key Performance Indicators:
• Maximize traffic and conversion through core digital marketing tactics such as but not limited to: Email, Paid Search, Paid Social, Display, Affiliate and SEO
• Manage external performance marketing agency, to ensure budget and ROAS targets are being achieved
• Execute a holistic digital marketing and commercial calendar for PlayStation DTC US that is aligned with the strategy and satisfies short/mid/long range plans
• Examine campaign performance by channel. Ensure ongoing optimization of digital marketing channels and drive YoY growth and healthy return on investment.
• Stay current on market trends, product lifecycle, technological innovations, and environmental climates that effect demand for products.
• Define, create, analyze, and manage weekly and monthly reporting as well as creation of standard ad hoc reports to support the growing needs of the channel.
• Accountability for ensuring profitability; achievement of net sales targets & growth plans.
• Adheres to departmental budget and goals and proposes budget recommendations to the Head of Channel.
• Ensure analysis of marketing budget versus ROI delivered by the agency.
• Bachelor's degree
• Masters of Business Administration or similar Master's degree
• 5+ years of e-commerce and digital marketing experience for an online business
• Web analytics and reporting: ability to read and create reports
• Understanding of ecommerce and working knowledge of various online/ecommerce marketing tactics
• Familiarity with web analytics terminology and its application (i.e. – Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics)
• Solid understanding of social media trends and how they impact brand perception and performance
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated experience meeting deadlines
• Experience working in a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8713m-3-235-227-117-42 in your application.