Marketing Data Engineer
San Mateo, CA
Data Scientist (Digital Analytics & Monetization)
San Mateo, CA
*Please include a Cover Letter with your application.
As Sony Interactive Entertainment continues to help third party partners drive engagement and revenue on the PlayStation platform, our Digital Analytics and Monetization team is looking for a talented Data Scientist.
The position is based out of the San Mateo office and involves close coordination with members of the Third Party Relations teams in Japan, US, and London. You will report to the Head of the Global Digital Analytics and Monetization Group and will drive end-to-end analysis through your past impactful analytical experience with large datasets and passion for the industry to help internal stakeholders drive Third Party partner strategy.
The team needs a self-starter who can set direction for influential user-behavior projects with the Third Party Relations team to anticipate and answer user-level business questions from senior-level business managers (internally and externally) to provide analytical support where necessary.
These projects will help us guide our partners on short-term game specific insights and long-term portfolio strategy which would include:
• Mining/analyzing data and creating methodologies to complete industry-shaping publisher projects that will drive revenue and engagement on the platform
• Benchmarking KPIs for product features and marketing activations
• Developing custom predictive models and algorithms to determine the revenue impact and up-lift of games/product features
• Managing large and complex sets of data on users and various forms of content using scripting and statistical tools such as SQL or Python
• Liaising with business teams within TPR to identify and evaluate opportunity areas for advanced analytics initiatives
• Supporting and presenting executive-level insights to internal teams and external publishers in an easy to follow way which will allow us to analytically drive strategy with our Third Party partners
• BA/BS degree required with technical focus (Statistics, Computer Science or a related quantitative field); MS/PhD a plus
• 4+ years of experience with proven skills in database query tools such as SQL and knowledge of programming languages such as Python, R, and Scala + web analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics
• Building tools to automate data collection and analysis
• The ability to take ambiguous business-driven problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way
• A passion and familiarity with console/PC games with high level of intellectual curiosity about the industry
• Track record of proactivity as this role will necessitate following up with multiple stakeholders and tracking down vital information for the broader team
• Transferring data into a new format to make it more appropriate for analysis
• Highly motivated with outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• An ability to learn/share opinions globally across PlayStation departments and 3rd Party Publishers and Developers when necessary
• Prior work experience in Media/Entertainment industry a plus but not required
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.