Role: Data Scientist
The PlayStation Studios Tools and Technology Group lives at the intersection of PlayStation's game and platform development. We work on debug analysis tools such as crash reporting, test automation and video streaming technology as well as platform tools such as compilers and file IO & compression hardware and software. Some of our tech is widely used by every PlayStation developer worldwide and we work especially closely with game teams inside the PlayStation Studios family.
We seek a Data Scientist to work on analysis and reporting of data collected by our Crash Reporting System, and to identify and implement ways to use this data to benefit the ongoing development of PlayStation software and game titles.
What you'll be doing:
• Use techniques such as ML to analyse data collected by crash reporting systems
• Research ways to improve usefulness of the data collected
• Create reports and dashboards
• Perform analysis of crash reports and telemetry data
• Liaise with other teams to find opportunities to combine crash reports with other data sources e.g. telemetry
What we're looking for:
Required Skills and capabilities
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science/related subject and/or equivalent professional experience
• Exceptional analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
• Strong data management and coding skills in SQL and Python
• Experience using BI/data visualisation platforms such as Looker, Microstrategy, Tableau
• Experience using deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, Keras, Pytorch
• Experience applying data science techniques in a commercial environment, including supervised and unsupervised machine learning, time-series forecasting and other statistical analyses
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Desire to collaborate and to develop strong and positive team relationships
• Attention to detail, organisational skills, and a strong work ethic
• Basic understanding of x64 assembly
• Strong debugging skills
• Experience with C/C++
• Experience with crash reporting systems, especially those used on PlayStation
• Experience in game development on PlayStation platforms and/or PC
• Experience working with version control system platforms such as GitHub
• Experience in game engine development and graphics programming
• Development experience on full stack web applications
• Experience with AWS, especially with ML workloads
• Discretionary bonus opportunity
• Private Medical Insurance
• Dental Scheme
• 25 days holiday per year
• On Site Gym
• Subsidised Café
• Free soft drinks
• On site bar
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r72068-18-207-157-152-42 in your application.