The Game Play Data Product Manager is responsible for defining business requirements and working with stakeholders to set the direction for their own product domain with a view to enabling teams across PlayStation to easily activate the wealth of PlayStation data available to them. The ideal candidate is a Product Management professional with experience making innovative & impactful data products a reality. You will have good business acumen and a strong technical understanding of data lifecycles to effectively engage and partner with product, engineering and business teams.
You will be passionate about big data ecosystems and the application of data forwarding techniques to promote a data-driven design culture. Adept at anchoring your decisions in strategy and defending them with data, you thrive in an active and forward thinking environment. This is a high impact role that requires strong technical and business skills to deliver innovative data products for internal stakeholders and partners across the PlayStation ecosystem.
• Defines, manages and is responsible for a defined portfolio of data products that delights users across the PlayStation organisation.
• Takes ownership of the roadmap and lifecycle of their product portfolio and is innovative in the definition of new data products that meet evolving business needs.
• Through close engagement with key stakeholders across PlayStation, develops a deep understanding of the requirements for Game Play data products. Defines new and enhanced data products to support those needs.
• Is passionate in communicating new product features and espousing the benefits of their data products for business users. Stimulates business interest and drives adoption of their portfolio of data products across a broad community of users.
• Uses a range of communication methods to raise the profile of new and existing data products and the broader capabilities offered by the Data Product Management team.
• Engages with Data Product & Data Platform PdMs and engineering teams to build strong relationships ensuring that everyone has a clear understanding of the end to end dependencies and the interplay from data collection through to products within their portfolio.
• Ensures documentation and product metadata for products in their portfolio is consistent and documented to a high standard, with a particular focus on making it relevant and accessible to business users.
Required Qualifications, Skills, & Experience:
• 2+ years product management experience or similar, focused on delivering business value from big data and product engagement data
• Strong analytical skills and experience with data-informed product design and decision making.
• Experience working with cloud-based data warehouses (e.g. Snowflake using basic SQL skills) and commercial reporting suites (e.g. MicroStrategy, Tableau, Domo and Adobe Analytics).
• Excellent communicator who can articulate the value of data-based decision making to stakeholders across the organization.
• Experience working with a wide array of stakeholders across organisations, including sales, marketing, legal, data governance, engineering and related functions.
• An ambitious self-starter who deals well with ambiguity and can participate in multiple programs and business initiatives at the same time.
• Strong, influential cross-functional team player with experience working with data engineers in a scrum environment.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work independently.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk81nq-44-192-79-149-42 in your application.