Marketing Data Engineer
San Mateo, CA
Location: San Mateo, CA
With over 120 Million customers in 109 countries, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is committed to using data to understand The Players: our customers, better than anyone else. Using the amazing networked power of PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4 and our other PlayStation systems we learn how they use them for gaming, and also how they use the networked services like streamed games, music, video, and how they pay, and how we can improve their customer experience. We work with games developers, marketing, R&D, PlayStation®Store, and many other parts of Sony to constantly improve our customer experience and maximize our business potential!
The Data Strategy & Operations (DSO) team has grown rapidly over recent years in response to a growing need for the business to leverage data to advise and shape key decisions, and to identify new opportunities. Currently there are approximately 120 staff within the DSO team, split between London and California, made up of high quality BI and data professionals covering BI architecture and platform support, data processing, insight reporting, predictive analytics, scrum masters and product management!
We are looking for a Data engineer to join the Data strategy & Operations team within the Sony PlayStation environment.
A Data engineer is required to work within the Data Management team with the successful applicant responsible for the design, development and maintenance of the data processing platform. They will be required to fit into a highly skilled team and work with limited supervision, under their own initiative.
Based in our San Mateo offices, the team provides business intelligence services for various global business units associated with Sony PlayStation.
• Engineer data pipelines and provide automated solutions for DSO teams
• Work proactively to address project requirements, and articulate issues challenges with enough lead time to address project delivery risk
• System monitoring and alerting, dashboards, charts/reports and alerts delivery
• Ensure code is fully scalable, maintainable, and performant
• Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs
• Work with Project Managers and Business Analysts to ensure the timely delivery of project deliverables that meet requirements
• Requires ability to work in a global and multi-cultural environment. Team members are in multiple geographies, resulting in time constraints due to time zones differences and a requirement for occasional travel
• Participate in the agile development process
• Develops new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
• Skilled in SQL and a variety of database technologies – Snowflake and Oracle, Athena
• Experience with big data technologies and AWS services
• Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow, Jenkins etc.
• Knowledgeable of ETL programming
• Experience in designing and architecting medium to complex systems, proficient with design standards & framework
• General knowledge in Linux, Unix Administration and Windows Administration
• Knowledge of Dimensional Modeling
• Good technical analysis & troubleshooting skills
• Experience in developing large-scale data processing platforms
• Extensive experience throughout the software development lifecycle
• Well verse in explaining complex technical issues in non-technical terms to business stakeholders
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize within parallel development cycles and aggressive timelines
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.