Corporate Strategy Analyst
San Mateo, CA (hybrid)
*A cover letter is required to be considered for this opportunity
Sony PlayStation is seeking a Strategy Analyst to join the Corporate Strategy team to help define the future of the gaming industry. Our team is responsible for mid-to-long term strategy and works with our leaders to build strategic analyses and develop relevant insights to guide our executives.
You will work across the entire organization to understand all aspects of PlayStation and partner with the team to bring your project from conceptualization to the finish line where you will present your recommendations. This role is a unique opportunity to strengthen our business strategies with valuable analysis, data and consumer insights.
What you'll be doing:
• Support and lead projects initiated under Corporate Strategy & Development
• Coordinate and build executive level strategy presentation documents, also including applicable strategic frameworks
• Perform market research, including market data collection, aggregation, and analysis
• Provide executive level informative summaries and implications analysis for industry news and events
• Build financial, managerial, operational, predictive, and statistical models
• Provide data and data driven analysis by performing database queries and working with internal data and analytics teams
• Build and be a great partner with research and consulting firms for reports, analysis, and data acquisition
• Engage with functional leads throughout the origination to research and support projects; lead and contribute to cross functional teams
• Engage with banks, business partners, and industry participants
• Maintain an in-depth understanding of the interactive entertainment industry, including but not limited to the industry value chain, competitive landscape, technologies, business models, game content, and industry trends
What we're looking for:
• 2+ years of strategic planning, consulting, or investment banking experience
• Experience performing research and data analysis to develop business strategy and plans
• Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication, and executive presence
• Ability to query data and strong data analysis skills
• Ability to multitask, lead multiple projects at one time, and rapidly change priorities based on business needs
• Ability to work with multiple cultures and to tailor work style and messaging to collaborate across globally distributed teams
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• BA required, MBA strongly preferred
• Deep knowledge of online communities, PlayStation and the gaming ecosystem
• Tech or gaming experience is a Plus
• SQL, Tableau and MicroStrategy skills are a plus
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz63w7-3-238-199-4-42 in your application.