Privacy and Data Counsel
Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Mateo, CA
San Mateo, CA
Sony PlayStation is seeking a hardworking Attorney who wants to work on ground breaking tech product development, marketing, IP, and entertainment issues as a member of the PlayStation Legal team. This position supports the PlayStation video game products and services. PlayStation offers the opportunity to work in a technology company with an entertainment focus, in a casual environment that provides ambitious legal issues. A good fit will love technology, cutting-edge legal issues and working closely with a team.
• Draft and negotiate agreements, including game prototype and development, software and technology licenses, music and other content licenses, services/consulting, non-disclosure, actor, writer, and composer agreements
• Provide ongoing support for products and services on current and new platforms, including console, PC, and mobile
• Clear game content for release, taking into account IP risk, including trademark, copyright, and rights of publicity
• Clearly and concisely communicate legal risk to business clients
• Provide guidance on external communications, including trailers, blog posts, press releases, advertising, social media, and promotions
• Implement industry content and marketing regulations
• Design and provide legal training, policies, and guidelines for business clients and the global Legal team
• Maintain a solid understanding of the video game industry, PlayStation products and services, and relevant law by attending industry events and legal training
• Collaborate with counterparts in other regions
• JD degree, current member in good standing of the California State Bar
• Law degree from an accredited law school
• At least three years of experience as an attorney, drafting relevant agreements and working directly with corporate clients, preferably in the video game, entertainment, or technology industry
• Experience in intellectual property law, including copyright and trademark law
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• Knowledge of WGA writer agreements, film and television option agreements, marketing law, employment and labor law, open source software licensing, merchandise licensing, and privacy and data security law desirable
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6zmvn-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.