Commercial Manager - 3rd Party & Licensed Merchandise
San Mateo, CA
This commercial role will build and lead PlayStation Direct's 3rd party category to complement our first party assortment, deepen our relationship with our Players and drive profitable growth for PlayStation Direct. In this role you will work collaboratively with our Product Marketing and Licensing team, Supply Chain, Hardware engineering and others to identify, source, test and launch compelling new and exclusive assortments that will drive engagement and re-engagement with PlayStation Direct.
What you'll be doing:
• Product & Assortment Strategy: Build a compelling assortment strategy of licensed and 3rd party products that will excite our fans and enrich the gaming experience. In addition, working with Global 3rd party Peripheral and Accessory Licensing you will cultivate, build and maintain new vendor alliances and market relationships to ensure innovative and complementary quality products that support the brand. Complete profitability assessment for all new product lines.
• Demand Planning: Build accurate demand forecasts for third party categories and share with operations and finance on an ongoing basis to ensure supply chain capacity. Build a collaborative relationship with the Commercial Planning organization to ensure category opportunities are fully understood by the wider business and commercial opportunities are optimized.
• Pricing & Promotions: Identify promotional opportunities for your categories via analysis and insights and develop go-to-market plans in partnership with Marketing.
• Inventory Management: Develop new and robust capabilities and processes for sku level forecasting and inventory management . Achieve sales and profit goals while also meeting inventory management goals. Actively balance weeks on hand and met demand (out of stock) rates.
• Operations: Develop global business processes & procedures for launching and managing third party products.
What we're looking for:
• 8+ years of merchandising and product development experience, preferably for a retailer of consumer electronics, video games, etc.
• Vendor and/or partnership management experience
• Proven track record in growing a successful ecommerce business with experience in both strategy development and operational execution
• Able to develop relationships and collaborate at all levels
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to present effectively to senior management
• Entrepreneurial, with high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity, and efficient with limited resources
• Extensive track record of using data to influence and inform decisions
• Skilled in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Flexibility in working hours to support global business operations
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally required
• Project management and process improvement experience a plus
• BA/BS required, MBA preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d98j1k-34-207-247-69-42 in your application.