Cloud Security Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA
The Business and Finance Systems Infrastructure team exists to provide exceptional hosting and infrastructure support for critical services at Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE).
As a Cloud Security Engineer, you'll be working as the technical lead on various cloud initiatives through all phases of design, implementation, and support. While contributing at a high level technically, this role will also require a passion for customer service demonstrated through problem solving, customer empathy and communication. The ideal candidate is a self-starter that is eager to learn by taking on new challenges, while also demonstrating an equal commitment to helping others grow.
What you'll be doing:
• Acting as technical lead for many security cloud initiatives - you'll engineer, implement and maintain core security processes for critical business & finance services.
• Embrace automation with tooling that will streamline our internal security processes. You'll seek for ways to make us more secure as we build, maintain, and monitor our systems.
• Ensure all systems and services meet our high security standards by selecting and implementing security controls for our cloud infrastructure.
• Be able to work well with others including with the wider IT teams and business units.
• Maintain high standards of documentation and adhere to processes and standards.
• Be comfortable being the sole resource on projects.
What we're looking for:
• Educated to Degree Level in a technical related field or have equivalent experience.
• Minimum 5+ Years' experience of working in a professional IT environment with hands-on experience and demonstrated success in delivering of projects.
• Ability to have a flexible approach to working hours to support global operations.
• Strong experience in Vulnerability Management and Risk Assessment.
• Strong experience in implementing CIS Benchmarks and system hardening.
• Strong experience with Enterprise Cloud Security Applications like Qualys, Prism, and Carbon Black.
• Experience in Linux installation, configuration and management.
• Experience in implementing AWS standard security methodologies.
• Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Python, and PowerShell.
• A can-do demeanor with the ability to collaborate with others.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Good time management with a passion for technology and a desire to grow and learn.
• Willing and able to compromise, ability to listen and understand other perspectives.
• Pro-active and self-managing.
• Remains calm under pressure.
• An ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with a keen eye for detail.
• A natural interest in learning and understanding multiple systems and tools.
• Able to identify and develop opportunities to improve, innovate and/or pioneer new ways of working through continuous process improvement practices.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1z6jy-44-210-237-158-42 in your application.