Character TD (Contract)
This is a long-term contracted position through our staffing partner DZConneX with a high likelihood of extension.
PlayStation Studios Visual Arts (PSSVA) on our San Diego campus provides world-class content, development and services to PlayStation Studios. Our team is always at the cutting edge of technology and partners with the industry's best minds and companies!
We are looking for a Technical Director who has experience with Maya rigging/scripting, along with a strong understanding of human anatomy and realistic deformation. You will work with our multi-award winning team while working with AAA PlayStation Studios like Naughty Dog, Santa Monica Studio, San Diego Studio, Guerrilla Games, and more!
If you like to be hands-on and have the effective communication skills to ensure output from the rigging team is executed efficiently, timely, and meet our technical and animation requirements, we want to talk to you!
• Set up and maintain character (humans and animals) rigs.
• Work with art team to generate models that meet deformation requirements.
• Work with animation team to create artist-friendly rigs that satisfy animation and gameplay needs.
• Set up character dynamics (i.e. cloth, hair).
• Create and support rigging/animation tools as needed.
• Provide and maintain technical documentation.
Required Experience and Skills
• Minimum 2 years' of production experience in game or film/vfx field, with strong understanding of Maya and Python scripting.
• Strong knowledge of Maya, with minimum of 4 years of production experience in game or film/vfx fields.
• Understanding of character/prop rigging techniques and principles.
• Familiarity with figure and facial anatomy.
• Experience in adopting production pipelines and following guidelines and system requirements.
• Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to find pragmatic solutions.
• Python and Maya scripting proficiency.
• Proven ability to be self-sufficient and be proactive in preventing/solving production issues.
• Effective communication skills.
• C++ experience (Maya API).
• Familiarity in runtime performance efficiency and optimization.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjw962-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.