Camera Layout Artist (Contract)
Camera Layout Artist
Remote - Canada
This is a long-term contracted position through our staffing partner Eastridge Services with a high likelihood of extension.
This position can be remote for anyone who is currently in the Canada.
PlayStation Studios Visual Arts is primarily located in San Diego. While our campus provides world-class content, development, and services to PlayStation Studios, we also accommodate remote positions within the U.S and Canada. Our team is always at the cutting edge of technology and partners with the industry's best minds and companies.
We are looking for a Camera Layout Artist who is highly proficient in all aspects of high-quality animation. This person needs to be organized, strategic, and thoughtful in all interactions.
Our Camera Layout Artists are dedicated, focused, and self-motivated to produce high-quality cinematic moments.
• Create camera movements within final cinematic scenes that meet aesthetic standards
• Construct previz and rough animatics
• Effectively communicate with supervisors, management, production, and staff daily
• Address feedback and notes on all work to the best of their ability
• Block out and present concept ideas to Leads and Supervisors
• Communicate technical issues to Leads
• Be present with all renders and notes prepared for Lead and Supervisor reviews
• Identify potential risks to delivery timelines
• Understanding of camera and editorial production
• Working knowledge of Maya
• Working knowledge of Motion Builder
• Knowledge of cinematography language
• Comprehension of pipelines, workflows, and toolsets used in camera layout
• Flexibility to handle changes in direction, yet work within defined procedures
• Familiarity with virtual cameras
• Knowledge of photography fundamentals and language
• Has worked directly in game-engine builds or Devkits
• Contributed to a shipped AAA title
• Comfortable working in a global team environment
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj978b-44-192-114-32-42 in your application.