Senior Business Analyst, Business Systems
Business Operations Analyst (Finance & Accounting)
at Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation
As a part of Sony Interactive Entertainment, PlayStation is leading the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device.
As a Business Operations Analyst, you are capable of handling the review, analysis, and approval of costs for the Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure division (CGEI). You enjoy facing new challenges and the sense of accomplishment from tackling them. Never a dull day, a healthy mix of various projects ensures that the work is both challenging and fast paced.
• Network Order Management:
• Review existing orders and agreements to match against vendors' charges and forecast.
• Assist Jr. Analyst in identifying discrepancies and liaise with network engineers/teams to determine validity.
• Track life-cycle of orders, update management when orders are due for renewal or termination.
• Provide backup support for Jr. Analyst in their duties as AP and vendor liaison.
• Purchase Order Processing: Using forecasts and service orders, work with Jr Analyst to request and manage purchase orders as well as match invoices against them when received.
• Vendor Relations: Work with vendor representatives to make adjustments or provide credits when necessary, or to assist various teams with their needs.
• Financial Support:
• Review departments' purchase requests to align to budget and code accordingly. Work with PM's and management to allocate and obtain approval for additional budget when necessary.
• Monitor spend against latest forecast, using various reports as provided by regional teams and Corporate Planning.
• Assist with the network forecast model to reflect new or changed services, costs, renewal terms etc.
• Develop budget/forecast template and gather information from all the departments.
• Provide ad-hoc summaries or breakdowns of various projects or subdivisions of budget and YTD spend, provide to management and assist them with any questions and review.
• Assist accounting teams in tracking asset life, in-service timing, and grouping of assets.
• Input department budgets and forecasts into Adaptive budgeting software.
• Review monthly financial results and understand variances against each departments' budget.
• Identify errors and communicate necessary journal entries to accounting department.
• SLA Performance: Continuously measure, manage and improve supplier actual performance against negotiated SLA.
• Scorecard Management: Lead measuring supplier performance, identify root causes, and driving improved performance. Drive improvement on all aspects of supplier performance (cost, quality and delivery).
Skills and Knowledge:
• BA/BS or equivalent with at least 3 years of relevant experience in accounting and/or finance roles.
• Experience in managing vendor relationships, performance preferred.
• Must be detail oriented, analytical and results focused.
• Prior experience in networking, cloud industry or related field is welcomed but not necessary.
• Prior experience with Adaptive software is a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1oo0e-3-236-222-124-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.