Senior Software Engineer, Payments
San Mateo, CA
The PlayStation Store and Services (inc. PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now and 3rd Party video) businesses have continued to deliver substantial growth and operate in a state of continual change and evolution, driven by both technology enablement and new business opportunities.
The Business Analyst role is part of the GSS Business Change & Analysis team and responsible for driving improvement within GSS (and the wider PlayStation business) through structured analysis of business problems and identification of process or technology solutions. Activity will be focused on the PlayStation Store experience, back-end commerce and Payments platform and tooling underpinning PlayStation Store and Services operations and may be initiated from different areas; business strategy, legal regulations, product developments, new business opportunities or optimization of internal operations. The role requires a hardworking and flexible teammate, with ability to communicate and collaborate across organizational levels and geographies and have a creative approach to solving business problems.
• Responsible for bringing a structured approach to analyzing business problems, extracting new business requirements and assessing and recommending options to address.
• Using available data to see opportunities and backup recommendations.
• Support global workshops and team summits to bring teams together to discuss business problems and opportunities, translating the findings and outputs in to business requirements, dependencies and an appropriate course of action.
• Be able to observe, understand, question and articulate business needs, in order to ensure, as early as possible, that solutions to business problems or opportunities are fit for purpose, both operationally, legally and commercially.
• Analyze and review developed technical solutions during and post-development to ensure that requirements are met and ready for partner Business Acceptance testing & sign-off.
• Become a subject matter specialist across various areas of Global Store and Services, a trusted single point of contact for all PlayStation staff.
• Form positive relationships with Business and Product Management teams and partner to deliver business value.
• Influence teams across the global business to achieve the change goals set out by the Projects team.
• Provide clear and professional communication to relevant partners and project teams, including engagement across all teams within PlayStation – through email, face to face meetings and project status updates.
• Make time for retrospective review of projects and provide suggestions for improvement on process and operations with an impartial and holistic perspective.
• Provide input into standard methodology & process within the Global Business Change and Analysis Team.
• 5 years or more commercial business analysis experience:
• Requirements elicitation and business needs workshops
• Data analysis
• Partner communications & management
• User acceptance testing (UAT)
• Working with Agile
• Bachelor's in Business, Information Technology or a related field
• Business Analysis – experienced in structured analysis, articulation of problem statements and options to address
• Time Management, potentially balancing multiple initiatives simultaneously, prioritizing activity in line with business priorities
• Creative and upbeat teammate who adopts change and a desire to continually improve
• Ability to move projects forward with some ambiguity in some instances
• Strong communication skills, a proactive attitude and delivery focused
• Patient, persistent, pragmatic and respectful
• Data-centric & analytical with good planning skills and commercial focus
• Both detail and 'big-picture' conscious
• Able to operate and communicate at a senior level within Sony as required
• Strong ability to develop influential and collaborative relationships with key global partners
• As the role is global, international travel will be required as well as a flexible approach to working hours
• E-commerce industry background
• Understanding of Digital content management and publishing processes
• Keeps informed of the latest industry news, trends, products, services, competitors, and relevant existing and emerging technologies
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.