Game Test Analyst - Open World
San Diego, CA
Audio Quality Assurance Tester
At Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation
San Diego, CA
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh Services. The anticipated duration of this engagement will vary. The duration of the assignment cannot exceed 24 months.
This is an entry level role and great for a recent grad!
Game Testers at PlayStation are responsible for finding and replicating bugs/glitches and accurately reporting them to the developers. We are specifically looking for someone to fill a role within our expanding Audio Testing Team. The ideal candidate is a passionate and driven gamer and an audio-centric person who aspires to help the Development Team work to make the best sounding game possible. We are looking for individuals that are analytical thinkers, problem solvers, have excellent management and organizational skills, and want to contribute their talents to the Audio Teams within Studios to help craft an exceptional entertainment experience.
Quality Assurance is a great way to get into the Gaming Industry and possibly grow into other positions/fields.
The Audio QA Tester is expected to support the WWS QA department in all areas including:
• Executing test plans on pre-release versions of software
• Assessing product functionality against official SIE quality standards
• Research and documenting product defects and violations
• Logging issues for development team review in concise written report formats
• Collaborating with other team members to ensure quality and accuracy in audio for games and functionality
• Utilize audio knowledge to provide feedback that will help to improve the title for the peak experience of the end user
• A strong passion for and knowledge of audio within video games
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication (needs to be able to communicate bugs – how did you find them? What exact steps are needed to make it happen again?)
• Basic to intermediate understanding of networking setup and hardware, as well as how its principles and components apply to modern console, PC, and mobile gaming / functionality
• Ability to work in both an individual and team environment
• Flexible schedule
• An understanding of how audio functions within a video game and ability to critically think of audio issues to relay to the Development Team
• 1+ years of previous QA experience in a related field
• 4 year college degree
• Background in audio (college degree, previous field work knowledge, or just a passion for audio within video games)
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Sony Interactive Entertainment America LLC (SIEA) – the creator of PlayStation® - is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC , with oversight for operations in the United States, Canada and Latin America. For over two decades, PlayStation has been a market leader, serving as the ultimate destination for millions of gamers across the world.
SIEA has offices and creative studios in San Diego (San Diego Studios), Los Angeles (Santa Monica Studios), Aliso Viejo (Gaikai), Bend, OR (Bend Studios) and Bellevue, WA (Sucker Punch Productions). It is our immensely talented employees, who are deeply passionate about their love of gaming, which has given us the ability to empower game creators to unleash their imaginations and deliver new gaming experiences. Additionally, SIEA participates in a variety of higher education and high school based programs to help nurture young talent to fulfill their dream of working in the gaming industry.
SIEA provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. SIEA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law. SIEA also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and employees.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm4kpv-3-87-33-97-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.