Bluepoint Games has begun the exciting work of original development and seeks passionate, industry-leading talent to join our pursuit of consistently crafting Game of the Year quality experiences. Our studio is renowned for critically acclaimed titles that exceed what the world expects of us, most recently the PS4 remake of Shadow of the Colossus and the PS5 launch title Demon's Souls.
We are looking for an Audio Director who is eager to seize the opportunity to build an audio department from the ground up. We want your expertise to join our leadership team, owning the creative direction and technical implementation of the audio experience. You will become proficient with our proprietary game engine tools and production processes, influencing their evolution to enable Bluepoint Game to become known for best-in-class audio. With cutting edge tech and surrounded by great talent, you will direct in-house and external audio designers towards crafting industry-defining audio experiences.
• Work with other project directors to develop, maintain, and execute on the creative and technical vision for the game through a synthesis of visuals and audio
• Establish quality requirements for the audio experience
• Ensure the creation of all sound assets and the implementation of them achieve the established quality bar
• Learn, maintain, and raise the standards for all sound asset implementation within all pipelines
• Collaborate with the writers and narrative team to ensure VO and cutscene audio process maintains continuity and high quality
• Participate in and oversee all narrative and music sessions
• Lead the implementation of audio assets to ensure continuity and quality.
• Collaborate with content creators of other disciplines to enhance the gameplay experience through audio
• Work with Production to ensure schedules are achievable and appropriate steps are taken to overcome all challenges as they arise
• Select and supervise external sound designers and composers
• Oversee the final mix for the game
• 7+ years of experience in audio for AAA games
• 2+ shipped games as Audio Lead or Director
• Passion for game audio and the drive to implement top-rated game quality results
• Ability to quickly become proficient with proprietary game engine tools and production processes
• Working knowledge of the game production pipeline in order to communicate effectively with team members
• Working knowledge of game engine and design tools, especially as they relate to audio
• Experience working with external vendors and setting budgets and schedules with those resources
• Expertise with Wwise
• Possess strong time and team management skills
• Must be friendly, assertive, and open-minded
The ideal candidate shall also have:
• Knowledge of current generation AAA games, their soundscapes and effects
• Knowledge of tools and pipelines used by current high-end game companies for cutting edge audio effects
• Technical ability to concept special audio effects in high-end programs for purposes of communicating concepts to the Game Director, artists, and engineers.
• Ideas of how to improve existing audio effects processes
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role's base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE's top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
This is a flexible role that can be remote, with varying pay ranges based on geographic location. For example, if you are based out of Seattle, the estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$119,900 - $179,900 USD
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
For more information about our benefits, please visit our Careers site.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5m0q7-3-237-29-69-42 in your application.