Role: Associate Manager (Test Services, PlayStation Studios QA) | San Diego, CA
An exciting opportunity to join a globally distributed team that supports PlayStation Studios & their projects.
As Associate Manager, your responsibilities will be working with the Test Services Management team to provide excellent testing services to PlayStation Studios across the globe. You will get to work with ground-breaking hardware and videogames within a large multicultural, multi region team; helping us drive and build the future of games & games testing.
What you'll be doing:
• Support the management team to ensure PlayStation Studios teams are provided excellent testing services
• Know your assigned PlayStation Studios development team well, understanding their specific needs to help develop services to meet them
• Work with the management team to develop positive and collaborative relationships with PlayStation Studios teams and ensure effective communication takes place
• Plan, implement, and report on title and department efficiencies developed by the teams you work with
• Lead testing staff through coaching, mentoring, and developing them through regular 1-on-1 meetings and performance reviews
• Work alongside PlayStation Studios developers and production staff to develop and own resource plans to support the department and studios
• Assist the management team in budget-related activities (for example, the creation of title budgets and communication)
• Work with the management team to develop strategies to improve the department by anticipating challenges, planning for upcoming platforms tools and technologies, and crafting efficiencies
• Develop and grow knowledge of QA services and techniques in order to drive process improvement and future PlayStation Studios QA service offerings
• Collaborate with peers and applicable department teams to promote knowledge sharing and to cultivate innovation within PlayStation Studios QA
• Help drive a positive and inclusive culture across PlayStation Studios QA
What we are looking for:
• Passion for videogames!
• Excitement to be a part of a diverse team.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in a team leadership/managerial role
• Excellent understanding of Software Development Lifecycle and Processes
• Experience with budgetary oversight and planning
• Deep understanding of quality assurance techniques, frameworks and methodologies
• Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Willingness to demonstrate SIE cultural leadership values: Communicate, Innovate, Collaborate, Include
• Interactive media/games industry experience
Nice to have:
• 2+ years of experience in a leadership or managerial role
• Excellent PlayStation and other console platform knowledge
• Cross-cultural/Global work experience
• Knowledge of PlayStation Studios QA operations, processes, systems and workflows
• PC Games testing experience, supporting and releasing titles across a range of platforms like Steam, Epic, Origin, GOG, etc
• General understanding of PC/Mobile device compatibility testing
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkem5p-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.