Associate Producer (Contract)
Join the award-winning team that created God of War
Santa Monica Studio is seeking an Associate Producer for the development of a new unannounced title!
An Associate Producer supports and manages scheduling and the day-to-day production of the internal development team. Responsibilities include collaborating with producers, senior producers, creative leads, directors and studio managers to develop and maintain a specific discipline or project plan to determine resource, budget or schedule needs.
Support and/or Manage internal game development:
• Responsible for specific phases or portions of product development from design through final approval
• Work with Senior Producers to plan and troubleshoot production resources and track progress
• Support development efforts to keep product on schedule and within budget
• Schedule and maintain tasking of interdisciplinary and external teams and facilitate flow of incoming and outgoing assets to the appropriate groups
• Communicate between team members, consultants, inter-company and external resources
Support and/or Manage day-to-day production issues through analytic thinking and information gathering:
• Break down large or complex tasks into manageable portions and actionable steps
• Assimilate diverse information and assess the impact of creative initiatives on the project
• Identify all groups that may be affected by an aspect of the project or external work, actively solicit their input and follow up through execution
• Partner with senior members of the team to ensure a common understanding and agreement on the project scope and objectives and on any subsequent changes
Partner with a wide range of team members to further current and future Product Development needs:
• Cultivate and enhance creative working relationships with internal development team and external resources
• Collaborate with team managers to understand and support team members' growth objectives. Escalate any personnel issues to senior producers and team managers
• Assist Senior Producers in maximizing efficiencies, anticipating bottlenecks, and growing outsourcing pipeline
Project Management Craftmanship
• Working knowledge of project schedules and milestone documentation, monitoring the progress of department milestones and individual tasks against those schedules
• Excellent organizational & prioritization skills, attention to detail, process knowledge and ability to multi-task
• Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Hansoft, Microsoft Office (Project and Excel), Bug tracking databases (JIRA, DevTrack), ShotGrid
• Familiarity with Waterfall production management techniques along with Agile techniques such as SCRUM, and traditional production management
Communication & Collaboration
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively across Product Development and Management teams
• Interpersonal and facilitation skills
• Able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Education & Experience
• 3+ years of industry experience in game production with one or more published titles as Associate Producer or above
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent skill set
• Prior experience working with large development teams or external production structures desirable
• AAA experience a plus
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights.
At SIE, working with our partners, we consider several factors when setting each role's base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the individual base pay range may vary based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for benefit offerings that include medical, dental, and vision. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below, this is an hourly rate.
$38.75 - $58.18 USD
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7po78-34-204-169-230-42 in your application.