Associate Policy Manager (PlayStation Platforms)
Associate Policy Manager
San Mateo, CA (hybrid)
The Associate Policy Manager reports into the Partner Platform & Policy Strategy team based within Global Partner Development & Relations or Business Operations, Planning, and Strategy, focusing on creation, execution and management of business policies and requirements that third-party partners must adhere to when publishing or operating on PlayStation platforms or services.
One of the primary goals of the Partner Platform & Policy Strategy team is to enable third-party partners to build and grow their business on PlayStation platforms, while also protecting the business and legal needs of SIE. As such, one of the key means of balancing those needs is by providing partners with a consistent and fair ruleset.
In a global role based in San Mateo, CA, the Associate Policy Manager is responsible for the full end to end management of business policy, working closely with wide array of internal stakeholder groups such as Platform Experience Group (PEG), Global Store and Business Ops (GSBO) and Legal & Business Affairs (L&BA).
From platform features and commerce to player safety and advertising, the scope of work and involvement is wide – requiring a candidate with a broad understanding of all aspects of the video games industry. Furthermore, the successful candidate will have a strong awareness of industry trends both globally locally and will be able to utilize this awareness to anticipate potential areas of policy development in advance.
• Business & platform policy identification and creation, working closely with relevant business stakeholders to draft new policies / policy amendments
• Define and manage policy ratification and approvals process, educating and involving stakeholders wherever appropriate
• Enforcement of business policies, granting waivers if needed or escalating issues or concerns to senior management.
• Primary Global Partner Development & Relations (GPDR) contact for business policy support, implementation and decision-making, working closely with regional counterparts to ensure true global coverage
• Detailed tracking of policy approvals and waivers via the Policy Hub Confluence and JIRA systems to ensure up-to-date accuracy and availability of all policy related information
• Regular analysis and audits of policy effectiveness, assessing impact to partner business and relations
• Internal & external communications and publishing of policy news and updates to relevant stakeholders
• Devising, creating and consolidating materials for presenting at external events or partner meetings
• 2+ years of relevant experience
• Highly organized and structured
• Strong teamwork experience with a proven track record of a collaborative approach to problem solving
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Must be able to communicate with a wide variety of audiences ranging from technical to non-technical, across business verticals and up to executive level
• Extensive games development and publishing experience, with an acute awareness of industry trends
• Interest in gaming, gamer culture, digital entertainment and consumer electronics is strongly desired
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwy08p-34-231-247-88-42 in your application.