Associate Manager - Engineering Operations
As an Associate Manager of the Engineering Operations team, you will be a key part of our global leadership team as we strive to strategise and deliver exciting and valuable services to our studios, and contribute meaningfully to the future of PlayStation and the gaming industry.
You will have direct line management oversight of a highly-skilled, multi-cultural, and fully engaged team of experts, leading and developing them to their full potential.
What you'll be doing:
• Leadership of regional staff as part of the global Engineering Operations team and wider PlayStation Studios QA Engineering pillar
• Responsible for staff recruitment, selection, training, development and regular performance reviews
• Providing ongoing coaching and mentoring as required, and recognition of successes
• Ensuring effective and efficient service delivery to studios, using KPIs and other service level metrics to baseline, monitor and improve quality
• Handling of all aspects of resourcing - using data to ensure the team has enough bandwidth for current and projected future workload across multiple fiscal years
• Supporting the Engineering leadership team in the creation of plans, strategies and tactics to achieve QA and overarching PlayStation goals
• Championing SIE's cultural leadership values, leading by example at all times
• Collaborating with global QA leadership peers to promote knowledge sharing, and cultivate innovation and success within PlayStation Studios QA and its partners
• PlayStation Studios QA leadership
• Studio heads, production teams and internal studio QA managers
• Internal and external partner test teams and leads
• Sibling teams within the Global Creative, Technology and Services group
What we are looking for:
• Proven experience of staff development and leadership of a team in a managerial role
• Excellent understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle and all related processes
• Experience with budgetary oversight and planning
• Excellent communication - strong business writing, public speaking and presentation, and listening skills.
• Willingness to demonstrate and champion SIE cultural leadership values: Communication, Innovation, Collaboration, Inclusion
• Solid gaming industry appreciation and understanding
• Excellent PlayStation and other console platform knowledge
• A good understanding of quality assurance techniques, build pipeline frameworks and testing methodologies
• Cross-cultural/global working experience
• Technical/administrative experience of supporting ALM enterprise tools - Jira, Confluence, TestRail, etcideally within a Service Desk environment
• Ability to see a task through to completion, on time and to expected quality
• Formal management and/or project management qualifications
• ITIL Service Management
• Service Desk Management (SDI/SDA)
• Discretionary bonus opportunity
• Private Medical Insurance
• Dental Scheme
• 25 days holiday per year
• On Site Gym
• Subsidised Café
• Free soft drinks
• On site bar
• Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5wok7-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.