Associate Manager, Content Planning & Performance
San Mateo, CA or Remote, US (West Coast preferred)
The Global Sales and Business Operations (GSBO) team brings together staff from around the world, with a passion for engaging gamers with PlayStation's extraordinary products and services. GSBO teams are located in countries across the globe, balancing local relevance with a global perspective. Across our Direct to Consumer, Channel Partners, and Services business, our teams work cross-functionally to bring the best of the PlayStation experience to markets and channels around the world.
We're looking for a a dynamic, highly motivated Manager, Content Planning and Performance to join our PlayStation Services (PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now) team. This role is responsible for defining the content strategy and plans for PlayStation Services, defining appropriate forecasting, targeting, and performance models, working with the Content Acquisition team in developing and delivering a robust content portfolio, and working with the analytics teams to build content-led KPI's for driving engagement and retention on the PlayStation platform.
What you'll be doing:
• The successful candidate will work in a global team, using data to identify the games that power PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now to drive player engagement and maintain subscriber momentum
• Develop and recommend criteria and metrics for content planning and evaluation within the PlayStation platform, driving customer acquisition, engagement and retention
• Plan and evaluate game content performance and deliver presentations that surface insights to meet objectives of the content services
• Responsible for planning and maintaining a $multi-million content budget within agreed parameters as well as improving the value of each individual deal
• Close collaboration with internal teams – including Content Acquisition, Services Commercial, third party relations, PlayStation Studios, analytics, marketing, content ops
• Analytical mindset to define and build, in collaboration with Analytics teams, appropriate planning, forecasting and performance models
• Delivering 12-18 months content plans to engage all customer cohorts
• Understanding the PlayStation business (Services, Store, Retail, Console) and key senior partners to build long term business plans
• Crafting processes and business policies to ensure efficient and effective deal structures
What we're looking for:
• Knowledge of digital gaming landscape, key players, and competitive offerings
• At least 4 years of experience in content management or business planning in the digital entertainment space
• A candidate who can demonstrate having already driven successful businesses to the next level of performance, showing rapid and sustainable results
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to think strategically and execute tactically, and a persistent attention to detail
• Excellent data analysis and quantitative skills
• A great teammate who can identify and nurture key relationships both internally and externally
• Ability to lead cross functional teams in crafting and executing the best solutions for players, partners and the business
• Ability to adapt quickly and balance multiple projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of subscription business and metrics preferred!
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm8yv2-3-238-204-167-42 in your application.