Animation Tools Programmer | PlayStation: San Diego Studio
We have a great opportunity to join PlayStation Studios. We are seeking an Animation Tools Programmer to assist with development and improvement of our current suite of tools used for our MLB The Show product line. Your efforts will directly impact the next generation of The Show. If this is you, then you need to come play with us here in sunny San Diego.
• Designing and implementing systems to support our animation systems.
• Helping maintain and improve existing systems.
• Writing clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code.
• Profiling and performance tuning of code and systems to remove bottlenecks.
• Work on tools and technology tasks to support animation project requirements.
• Testing and debugging of your code and that of others past and present.
• Collaborate with designers to turn ideas into concrete game features.
• B.S. degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 3 years programming experience.
• Expertise in C++.
• A basic understanding of motion based 3D animation systems
• Self-motivated with good communication skills.
• Able and motivated to work with other team members.
• Commitment to code quality, and sound testing procedures.
• Knowledge of baseball rules and strategies is a plus.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role's base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE's top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$92,900 - $139,300 USD
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnyj4o-34-232-62-64-42 in your application.