Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Mateo, CA
Analyst (Digital Analytics and Monetization)
San Mateo, CA
*Please include a Cover Letter with your application.
As Sony Interactive Entertainment continues to help third party partners drive engagement and revenue on the PlayStation platform, our Digital Analytics and Monetization team is looking for a talented analyst. You will utilize your deep passion and knowledge of video games in order to empower publishers and developers through platform-level insights and recommendations.
The team needs a self-starter based out of the San Mateo office who can lead projects ranging from advising on DLC/MTX content models to helping publishers understand platform level consumer behavior trends. The ideal candidate will drive and support leadership regarding all strategy and data-driven aspects of the group, including:
• Crafting narratives for how PlayStation can help publishers optimize game-level engagement and revenue for third party publishers
• Drawing insights from a combination of deep video game knowledge and user analytics data which would allow publishers understand how to engage/re-engage/monetize players
• Querying data and creating methodologies to complete industry-shaping publisher projects that will drive revenue and engagement
• Supporting and presenting executive-level insights to internal teams and external publishers in an easy to follow way
• A passion and familiarity with console/PC games with high level of intellectual curiosity about the industry
• 2+ years of experience writing queries in SQL and using other reporting tools to put together reports and analysis
• Familiarity with web analytics software such as Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics
• High level of proactivity as this role will necessitate following up with multiple stakeholders and tracking down vital information for the broader team
• Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Experience with data mining, machine learning or statistical modeling is desirable
• Prior work experience in Media/Entertainment industry a plus but not required
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.