Specialist, VFX Operations
Los Angeles, CA
• 8+ years experience as a systems administrator in a VFX/Animation studio in a feature or episodic environment.
• Thorough knowledge of VFX, Animation, and Virtual Production pipeline tools and supporting technologies.
• Commitment to supporting Production requirements in a fast-paced, complex environment
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems or related field preferred.
• Knowledge of cloud-based storage and data transmission technologies and vendors.
• Have a thorough and current understanding of entertainment industry security practices including MPAA, Disney, Apple.
• Thorough systems engineering experience with IT infrastructure including but not limited to:
• Application servers, hardware and virtual.
• Network infrastructure including Switches, routers, firewalls, WiFi, VPN
• Enterprise NAS/SAN data storage systems
• Renderfarm management and deployment
• Application Support (Maya, Arnold, Houdini, Nuke, VRay and/or other studio software)
• Editorial technologies such as Avid and Premier
• Firewall, routers, switches, and ancillary devices.
• Active Directory or related directory services administration.
• Windows, OSX, and Linux platforms.
• Scripting capabilities in Python, and/or C++ are preferred
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Install, deploy, and maintain all systems and software needed for studio operations.
• Quickly diagnose and resolve infrastructure hardware and software issues.
• Ensure compliance with all appropriate security policies including those of our clients.
• Identify any risks to production systems and coordinate remediation with other team members.
• Maintain backups of all priority infrastructure and data to ensure efficient and dependable redundancy for all critical systems.
• Standardize and optimize all production systems and maintain monitoring processes.
• Comprehensive documentation of all key workflow processes.
• Work with Studio Leadership to understand the longer-term goals of the company and execute accordingly.
• Maintain safe and organized cabling throughout our server rooms and datacenters, including proper labeling and documentation of equipment, connections, and configurations.
• Keep up to date on new and emerging technology, standards, and tools in areas relevant to the rapidly changing digital environment.
• Mentor other team members and encourage professional development.
PIXOMONDO is an international visual effects company with a global network of facilities. We are recruiting for various positions where we would like to welcome anyone with the right experience to work in a fresh and challenging environment.