PXO creates industry-leading Virtual Production and Visual Effects for premium Film and Episodic content. With over 20 industry awards and nominations, PXO, a Sony Pictures Entertainment company, is a trusted partner for storytellers and showrunners worldwide. The company has been creating iconic work since 2001, from Martin Scorsese's Academy Award winning Hugo and HBO's Emmy winning Game of Thrones, House of the Dragon, through to Amazon's The Boys, Marvel's Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania and many more.
In Virtual Production, PXO helps clients to realize their creative vision, from production through to post-production. Using interactive technology and proprietary software and solutions, PXO brings ideas to life by virtually immersing filmmakers in the worlds they imagined, throughout every stage of the creative process. The company's latest LED volume work includes House of the Dragon, Star Trek: Discovery and Star Trek: Strange New Worlds and Netflix's upcoming Avatar: The Last Airbender.
PXO has seven studios and three LED volumes in the US, UK, Germany and Canada.
The Senior Linux Engineer is responsible for improving and maintaining our Linux infrastructure . Responsibilities include setting up and documenting a global configuration management tool, maintaining a standardized Linux environment, creating automation tools, and ensuring Linux systems meet performance and availability objectives. You will be the final internal escalation point for Linux-related issues, and provide expert guidance and may collaborate with external vendors when necessary. Your knowledge sharing and technical expertise will empower teams within Infrastructure and Operations and across IT.
• Setup (from scratch), documentation (transfer of knowledge) and maintenance of global configuration management tool for Linux.
• Creation and maintenance of global standard Linux setup.
• Create (or help to create) all necessary system automation tools (scripts) for managing all aspects of Linux usage that fall out of scope of configuration management tools.
• Ensure Linux systems meet their SLAs for availability and performance.
• Serve as final internal escalation point for issues concerning Linux.
• Potentially escalate any issues that cannot be resolved internally to external vendors or maintainers of various software.
• Providing documentation, knowledge transfer and technical expertise to other teams within Infrastructure and Operations but also to the wider teams across IT.
• Strong Linux systems administration experience (with emphasis on RedHat based distributions, Debian is a plus), OS security hardening, networked file systems and Bash.
• Experience in using Linux workstation with NVIDIA vGPU (preferably with VMware Horizon)
• Ability to use Python for automation is preferred but not mandatory.
• Strong experience with at least one (preferred multiple) of industry standard configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet or Salt.
• Knowledge of networking technologies such as TCP/IP and related protocols
• Knowledge of and experience in implementing and troubleshooting container orchestration technologies on premises, including Kubernetes.
• Knowledge of virtualization and cloud technologies such as VMWare, Docker and AWS are beneficial, but not required.
• Knowledge of the software development and deployment (CI/CD) lifecycle
• Strong problem-solving and learning skills.
• Familiarity with the hardware and software of mass storage systems and technologies used such as RAID and iSCSI.
• Knowledge of how to compile software packages is beneficial.
• Knowledge of software debugging and tracing tools, such as strace, itrace, and ptrace and well as networking debugging tools (tcpdump)
• Strong interest in emerging technologies and applications, and an ability to apply them to the computing environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5ne90-18-205-26-39-42 in your application.