Nuke Pipeline TD (Mid)
PXO creates industry-leading Virtual Production and Visual Effects for premium Film and Episodic content. With over 20 industry awards and nominations, PXO, a Sony Pictures Entertainment company, is a trusted partner for storytellers and showrunners worldwide. The company has been creating iconic work since 2001, from Martin Scorsese's Academy Award winning Hugo and HBO's Emmy winning Game of Thrones, House of the Dragon, through to Amazon's The Boys, Marvel's Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania and many more.
PXO has seven studios and three LED volumes in the US, UK, Germany and Canada.
As a Nuke Pipeline TD, you work within our global pipeline team to build Nuke-related pipeline tools and participate in meetings with departments using Nuke to gather requirements and suggest solutions to help the teams work more efficiently.
• Provide support to the compositing and prep departments
• Develop and maintain global and show based scripts and tools
• Support for shot based issues together with leads and supervisors
• Advise on workflows and work on roadmap for future 2D pipeline
• Attend daily standups with Pipeline Team
• Write user and technical documentation
• Communicate technical issues to IT or Pipeline
• Take part in code reviews. Submit your own, and provide constructive feedback on other TDs code
• 3+ years of experience as a Comp/Nuke TD in the VFX industry
• 3+ years of experience with Python
• Extensive knowledge of Nuke
• Extensive knowledge of color management and OCIO workflows
• Strong familiarity with Nuke's Python API and writing Gizmos
• Knowledge of the overall VFX pipeline
• Experience with Windows and Linux
• Familiarity with TCL
• Familiarity with source control tools such as Git
• UI development using PySide / PyQt
• Reasonably comfortable with ShotGrid and Deadline API
• Experience with sequence-based approaches to compositing
• Experience with and writing Python for RV
• Experience with Regular Expressions
• Experience with BlinkScript
• Experience as a compositing artist
• Understanding of unit testing frameworks such as pytest or unittest
• Understanding of software architecture patterns and best practices
• Ability to write clear and concise documentation
• Must be eligible to live and work in the UK or Germany
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6wyk9-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.