Maya / Houdini Pipeline TD (mid level)
PXO creates industry-leading Virtual Production and Visual Effects for premium Film and Episodic content. With over 20 industry awards and nominations, PXO, a Sony Pictures Entertainment company, is a trusted partner for storytellers and showrunners worldwide. The company has been creating iconic work since 2001, from Martin Scorsese's Academy Award winning Hugo and HBO's Emmy winning Game of Thrones, House of the Dragon, through to Amazon's The Boys, Marvel's Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania and many more.
PXO has seven studios and three LED volumes in the US, UK, Germany and Canada.
As a Maya/Houdini Pipeline TD, you work within our global pipeline team to build Houdini and Maya related pipeline tools and solutions. You participate in meetings with departments to gather requirements and suggest solutions to help the teams work more efficiently.
• Participate in monthly global department meetings to understand their workflows and suggest changes/updates to improve them.
• Support Houdini and Maya show TDs with building tools and setups for production.
• Learn and extend the pipeline in Houdini and Maya.
• Work in sprints and finish your work items within the sprint's cadence.
• Be a team player and assist fellow team members, share knowledge and experience.
• 3+ years of experience within the VFX, animation or video-game industry.
• Strong Python development skills.
• Proven pipeline TD experience in animated features, TV series, or VFX feature films.
• Strong problem-solving and debugging skills.
• Excellent knowledge of Houdini and extensive experience with building and managing HDAs, using the Houdini Python API and HScript.
• Excellent knowledge of Python/PyMel and Maya.
• Experience using Git or equivalent version control.
• Able to communicate solutions to issues in a clear and concise manner.
• Good understanding of Windows and Linux, and Batch/Shell scripting.
• Experience using Maya and/or Houdini in production.
• Experience with Pixar's Universal Scene Description.
• Experience with using and understanding Asset Management APIs and production databases (e.g. ShotGrid).
• Proficiency in working with one or more renderers (e.g. Karma, Husk, Arnold, etc.), and experience with renderer specific file formats.
• Able to convert concepts and workflows into process diagrams.
• Experience in writing unit-tests and applying PEP8.
• Experience with continuous integration and understanding code-life-cycle, code-review and test-driven development.
• Experience with pipeline development in Unreal.
• Experience with building user interfaces in PyQt/PySide or web-based.
• Must be eligible to live and work in the UK or Germany
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2ej4m-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.