Do you see yourself working for Pixomondo in the future? Send us your application now!
The Houdini TD works closely with the Head of FX Department and the Pipeline Department to develop tools and solutions to ensure VFX projects run smoothly and help the FX, Environment, Virtual Production, Lighting and Layout teams find technical solutions to problems encountered.
Key responsibilities :
• Create verifiable, effective, and reusable tools and scripts using best software development practices;
• Develop tools to meet production demands, ensuring that they meet departmental standards as requested by Supervisors and/or Heads of departments;
• Maintain a wide range of workflows and scripts;
• Provide front-line support to artists, troubleshooting assets and shots, and help artists find solutions to general problems;
• Work with Supervisors and Heads of the FX, Environment, Lighting and Layout departments to determine the best possible technical and creative approaches;
• Create and communicate documentation on the tools developed and provide training to artists;
• Perform quality control on work before submitting it for review/approval, ensuring all technical specifications are met, user requirements are satisfied and notes from peer review addressed;
• Keep the project team and/or the Head of Department informed of the status of work, issues to be resolved, ramifications of problems encountered and recommend potential solutions;
• Ensure deadlines are met, advising the project team promptly if delays could be expected.
Qualifications and experience :
• Minimum of 5 years of experience within the VFX, animation or video-game industry;
• Proven pipeline TD experience in animated features and TV series and/or VFX feature films;
• Strong understanding of production processes and artist workflows within film and television visual effects pipelines;
• Experience with Pixar's Universal Scene Description an asset;
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, computer visualization, computer animation or other related field, or equivalent work experience;
• Fluent communication skills in English;
• Strong understanding of 3d geometric attributes and principles
• Experience with Python script;
• Excellent knowledge of Houdini and extensive experience using the software;
• Good understanding of Linux operating system and shell scripting;
• Proficiency working with one or more renderers (e.g. Solaris, Mantra, Arnold, etc.), and experience with renderer specific file formats;
• Strong skills in debugging and development tests;
• Able to communicate solutions to issues in a clear and concise manner;
• Excellent sense of prioritization and respect of deadlines.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d20p57-3-235-195-196-42 in your application.