Los Angeles, CA
PXO delivers industry-leading Virtual Production and Visual Effects expertise and solutions for premium Film and Episodic content. Technology and innovation is forefront, partnering with clients on solutions to deliver on their creative expectations for film and episodic content.
We have received over 20 industry award wins and nominations and are a trusted partner for storytellers and showrunners to create iconic, visually stunning work worldwide. This includes work on Martin Scorsese's Academy Award winning Hugo to HBO's Emmy winning Game of Thrones, through to Amazon's The Boys, HBO's House of the Dragon, and Netflix's upcoming movie The Pale Blue Eye. (Moonfall, See, The Orville, Winning Time, Matilda).
We're excited to share a new opportunity for European based Senior Houdini TD join our PXO team.
You will work within the global pipeline team to build Houdini-related pipeline tools and solutions. You will be a key player in the team, participating in meetings with departments using Houdini to gather requirements analysis and suggest solutions that will help the teams work more efficiently.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Analyze and improve pipelines centered around Houdini.
• Participate in monthly global department meetings to understand their workflows, and suggest changes/updates to improve them.
• Gathering stakeholder requirements and leading roadmap topics.
• Support Houdini show TDs with building tools and setups for production.
• Work in sprints and finish your work items within the sprint's cadence.
• Be a team player and assist fellow team members, share knowledge and experience.
Requirements and attributes:
• 5+ years of experience within the VFX, animation or video-game industry.
• Expert Python and software development skills. Experience in writing unit-tests and applying PEP8.
• Contribution to large-scale production pipelines for animated features, TV series, or VFX feature films.
• Expert problem-solving and debugging skills.
• In-depth knowledge of Houdini and extensive experience with building and managing HDAs, using the Houdini Python API and HScript.
• Proficiency in working with one or more renderers (e.g. Karma, Husk, Arnold, etc.), and experience with renderer specific file formats.
• Experience using Git or equivalent version control.
• Able to communicate solutions to issues in a clear and concise manner.
• Able to convert concepts and workflows into process diagrams.
Desirable but not essential:
• Good understanding of the Windows and Linux operating systems and shell scripting .
• Experience with Pixar's Universal Scene Description.
• Experience with using and extending Asset Management concepts and production databases (e.g. ShotGrid).
• Experience with continuous integration and understanding code-life-cycle, code-review and test-driven development.
• Experience with pipeline development in Unreal Engine.
• Experience with building user interfaces in PyQt/PySide or web-based.
This is a remote or hybrid work opportunity. Please note, the working hours for this position are based on a central European time zone.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkn090-3-239-6-58-42 in your application.
Pixomondo (PXO) is an award-winning, solutions-oriented visual effects company that solves creative challenges for its clients and partners, crafting high-level visual effects for feature films, television series and commercials productions. For its work, PXO has won four Emmy Awards, an Academy Award and numerous other industry awards.