Full Time Job
Head Of Production - Europe
- Full Time
We're excited to share a new opportunity for a Head of Production to lead our European Production teams on some fantastic high-profile projects. This role will is a hybrid role- you could be based in Germany (near Stuttgart or Frankfurt) or in the UK (to be near our London crew).
The Head of Production (HOP) is responsible for leading the Production teams across Europe, ensuring delivery on time, on budget and meeting the client creative expectations. The HOP is responsible for monitoring and reporting performance to the Heads of Studio, problem solving and finding solutions to anticipated project issues.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manage Production teams across Europe to deliver shows on time and on budget and driving the best in class client service
• Works with Producers to make sure schedules and budgets are planned appropriately and realistically and updated weekly
• Works with producers to ensure planning is in place to anticipate changes in schedules so margins can be retained whilst meeting client expectations
• Problem solve and make sure solutions are implemented
• Ensure cross team/studio communication is regular and effective. Put in place structures (communication and meetings) to ensure strong positive team collaboration across and within teams
• Has oversight of the production department casting requests, and works with Supervision and Resourcing teams to approve casting on shows taking into context wider Pixo show demands
• Sets process, workflows and structures to enable efficiencies in the running of shows and team efficiency
• Weekly reporting to the Finance team and Head of Studio with progress/status updates on shows
• Work closely with Executive Producer's to ensure client relationships and confidence is maintained to maximise the opportunity for a wider scope or additional work to be awarded in the future
• Attend client meetings (as required), accompanying Producers where considered necessary
• Liaise with Pipeline and Tech teams to set up projects appropriately to meet technical requirements
• Escalate technical issues impacting artist experience or efficieny, following through to resolution
• Recruits, develops and trains key production roles
• Develops production talent and supports career development
• Holds regular team meetings and 1-2-1's with the team
• Previous Production Team Leadership
• Experience of working in the VFX/Animation/Games industry essential
• Competent with Microsoft office- particularly Excel
• Bidding, scheduling and finance reporting experience
• Working experience of shotgrid desirable
• Excellent organisation and planning skills
• Strong communicator, verbal and written
• Experience managing and motivating large teams
• Positive, pragmatic solution finding attitude
• Strong negotiation skills
• Empathy and desire to support and encourage growth and development
PXO delivers industry-leading Virtual Production and Visual Effects expertise and solutions for premium Film and Episodic content. Technology and innovation is forefront, partnering with clients on solutions to deliver on their creative expectations for film and episodic content.
Having received over 20 industry award wins and nominations, we are a trusted partner for storytellers and showrunners to create iconic, visually stunning work worldwide. This includes work on Martin Scorsese's Academy Award winning Hugo to HBO's Emmy winning Game of Thrones, through to Amazon's The Boys, HBO's House of the Dragon, and Netflix's upcoming movie The Pale Blue Eye. (Moonfall, See, The Orville, Winning Time, Matilda).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3mb5q-3-235-195-196-42 in your application.
Pixomondo (PXO) is an award-winning, solutions-oriented visual effects company that solves creative challenges for its clients and partners, crafting high-level visual effects for feature films, television series and commercials productions. For its work, PXO has won four Emmy Awards, an Academy Award and numerous other industry awards.