The Pirates Why
The Pittsburgh Pirates are a storied franchise in Major League Baseball who are reinventing themselves on every level. Boldly and relentlessly pursuing excellence by:
• purposefully developing a player and people-centered culture;
• deeply connecting with our fans, partners, and colleagues;
• passionately creating lifetime memories for generations of families and friends; and
• meaningfully impacting our communities and the game of baseball.
At the Pirates, we believe in the power of a diverse workforce and strive to create an inclusive culture centered in Passion, Innovation, Respect, Accountability, Teamwork, Empathy, and Service.
As an Inside Sales Representative for the Pittsburgh Pirates Baseball Club, you will receive practical experience across customer service, sales, promotions, and hospitality events. Our unique sales program provides extensive training on the sales process, including phone, email, in-person/web appointments, networking, social selling, and presentation skills. As an entry-level position, Inside Sales primary responsibility, is to develop and nurture relationships with our Pittsburgh Pirates fans and local business with the goal of selling season, suite, and group ticket packages. Representatives will gain the knowledge, skills, and abilities to reach a performance level that will merit consideration for a promotion to a full-time sales position in the sports industry.
• Represent the Pirates Organization with a high level of professionalism and integrity.
• Utilize training to meet or exceed Pirates season tickets and group packages revenue goals.
• Work diligently to achieve set expectations for outbound phone calls and face-to-face appointments with prospective clients.
• Generate new clients and increase revenue through prospecting, networking, repeat business, as well as referrals.
• Maintain accurate client records and data including contact information, communication, pipeline projections, and closed sales.
• Support the organizational focus of creating new fans by being a pivotal contributor to prospecting events by generating RSVPs, attending events, and closing sales at each event.
• Contribute positively to the sales team atmosphere by developing mutually beneficial working relations with all sales team members.
• Attend scheduled training sessions and be an active participant in raising the collective ceiling of the Sales Team.
• Game duties as assigned (visit clients, work sales tables, etc.).
• Maintain and submit accurate daily, weekly, and monthly reports on sales activity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwozpy-44-200-82-149-42 in your application.