The Penguin Random House Sales division is currently seeking a highly effective leader to join the team as Vice President, Group Sales Director or Senior Vice President, Group Sales Director.
Reporting directly to the President of Sales and Marketing, the VP/SVP, Group Sales Director will have overall accountability for the sales results for Penguin Publishing Group and Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group. This highly essential and visible role works closely with the entire sales team, as well as senior management within the publishing groups. The VP/SVP, Group Sales Director focuses on sales strategy at both a title level and product line level across channels, to meet the sales budget for the group.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Conducting sales channel and major account business analysis and determining strategy for publishing division
• Title distribution and merchandising oversight across product lines
• Sales meeting and marketing meeting leadership and planning
• Publisher communication regarding sales results, market trends, business development, etc.
• Identifying title-level opportunities and well as growth opportunities for titles
• Providing marketplace feedback with regard to on-sale dates, comps, formats, and price
• Working with other Group Sales Directors on list-balancing and cross-publisher sales opportunities
• Consolidating sales-forecasting to optimize inventory planning and management
• Building, fostering, and maintaining a collaborative relationship between sales and publishing groups
Please apply if you meet the following qualifications:
• Minimum of 10 years of related experience, ideally within in book publishing or another media industry; prior experience in an executive level role with team management responsibility is required to be considered at the SVP level
• Strong knowledge of sales distribution and merchandising across channels and formats
• Highly analytical with the ability to interpret and make decisions based on data
• Ability to work effectively with employees across all levels and functions within an organization
• Proven ability to lead and motivate team members; prior management experience is highly preferred
• Sincere passion for books and for connecting readers with stories
• Prior experience with understanding and executing high-level initiatives, goals, etc.
• Calm under pressure with the ability to effectively and creatively solve problems
• Ability to evaluate, improve, and implement processes within and across teams
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentations
The salary range for this position at the Vice President level is $150,000 - $200,000. The salary range for this position at the Senior Vice President level is $200,000 - $250,000. All positions are currently eligible for annual profit award or bonus, subject to company results.
Penguin Random House job postings include a good faith compensation range for each open position. The salary range listed is specific to each particular open position and takes into account various factors including the specifics of the individual role, and candidate's relevant experience and qualifications.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqeb5z-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.