Subsidiary Rights Assistant/Coordinator - RHCB
Random House Children's Books is seeking a Subsidiary Rights and Proprietary Publishing Assistant/Coordinator to join our team! As the Subsidiary Rights Assistant/Coordinator, you will support the proprietary publishing and international licensing efforts of a bustling department and work closely with other departments within the division as well as with international licensees. You'll have the opportunity to work directly with the Director of International Rights and Proprietary Publishing to help create account-specific projects for the various National Accounts, including Target, Walmart, the warehouse clubs (Costco, Sam's Club and BJs), and Barnes & Noble, which requires a creative thinker who can thrive in a deadline driven environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting the Director of International Rights and Proprietary Publishing with managing projects, including account meeting preparation.
• Preparing for major international book fairs
• Working closely with other departments within Random House Children's Books as well as several corporate divisions
• Handling specific administrative functions that help support the Subsidiary Rights team
• Researching and answering inquiries from publishers, agents and accounts
• Highly organized with extreme attention to detail and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Proven ability to work well independently and as part of a team
• Demonstrates the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at a time
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel and PowerPoint)
• Strong interest in Children's Books and Subsidiary Rights a plus!
Salary for this position is $45,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York City
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 170914
Sep 30, 2021
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpjz8e-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.