Subrights Assistant – Penguin Young Readers
At Penguin Young Readers we take pride in publishing the best books for every young reader. Our books truly are stories for life. The Subsidiary Rights department is looking for a new assistant to join our dynamic seven person team. Reporting to the Vice President & Senior Director, the Subsidiary Rights assistant will have the opportunity to work with books for young readers, spanning board books to young adult, and everything in between.
This is a chance to learn about domestic and foreign subsidiary rights, and gain insight to the publishing industry. This position requires constant communication with various internal departments like production, editorial, and contracts. It is also a chance to interact with foreign publishers and agents from all over the World as well as domestic licensees providing an opportunity to network and learn. We are looking for someone who can pivot often to answer queries, internally and externally, research rights, organize submissions and sales materials, with a desire to learn and grow. Come learn about subsidiary rights and the special place we hold within the publishing world!
As a Subrights Assistant, you will:
• Provide administrative support to supervisors by managing emails, researching contracts, responding to rights requests, handling physical mailings, tracking submissions, managing production files, and maintaining all departmental systems
• Work closely with licensees to provide review and production materials by navigating cover art clearances, tracking complimentary copies, maintaining submission grids and other informational databases
• Collaborate with various departments such as Production, Art, Editorial, Marketing, Operations to gather information and materials to provide to licensees before and after rights deals are made
• Organize materials, keep detailed schedules, prepare rights guides and informational grids to prepare for International book fairs and all domestic presentations
• Minimum 6 months of previous internship or professional work experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interface with both internal and external customers
• Strong organizational skills and demonstrates the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite to develop presentations, maintain spreadsheets, and track submissions
• Strong interest in Subsidiary Rights and Children's Books preferred
• Prior experience using Adobe Acrobat a plus so we can create sell sheets to showcase our titles!
The salary for this position is $45,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits package.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York City
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 157101
Jul 27, 2021
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqonpz-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.