Speakers Bureau Assistant – Penguin Publishing Group
We are currently seeking an Assistant to join the Penguin Publishing Group division of the Penguin Random House Speakers Bureau. The Penguin Random House Speakers Bureau represents world-class authors, leaders, and thinkers for paid speaking engagements at universities, libraries, corporations, conferences, and literary series around the world, both virtually and in person.
This position provides an opportunity to work with some of our most popular authors published by Penguin imprints, including: Priya Parker, Delia Owens, Celeste Ng, Kiley Reid, and Ocean Vuong. The Assistant will provide general support to the Speakers Bureau team within the Penguin Publishing Group division (reporting to the Senior Agent Director) and will:
• Manage and execute speaking engagement logistics including: booking travel (coordinating with event sponsor, speaker, and in-house travel agencies) and creating/updating detailed speaker itineraries for both virtual and in-person events.
• Maintain and update CRM database including contact management, event details, and finances in coordination with the Speakers Bureau finance team.
• Respond to general speaker inquiries from potential event sponsors by email and phone.
• Aid the Speakers Bureau marketing team with the creation of content for the Speakers Bureau website and social media channels, including drafting and updating speaker profiles and monitoring speaker news alerts.
• Execute departmental mailings, research, and pitches to promote speakers to potential clients and assist with additional assignments, projects, and responsibilities, as needed.
• Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively, with outstanding organizational skills, and a diplomatic approach to negotiations.
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
• Detail-oriented and a self-starter with excellent research and problem-solving skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Outlook and Excel, as well as video conferencing platforms, such as Zoom, Webex, and Microsoft Teams preferred.
• Prior experience in book publishing a plus.
Salary for this position is $45,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York City
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 149737
May 26, 2021
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vqzx-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.