Penguin Random House is seeking a Senior Sales Associate responsible for sales and marketing of all core and client titles into niche retailers, wholesalers and subscription boxes.
As a member of the Special Markets' Specialty Retail Sales team, the candidate will help effectively streamline sales outreach, work on title curation, create sales and marketing materials, and find new outlets for our books.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Develop, maintain, and enhance relationships with key customers and develop new markets for our books
• Maximizing sales growth within the established account base
• Support and drive marketing efforts across all categories through newsletters, title lists and blog posts
• Communicating with management regarding account activities (i.e. reorders, account strategy)
• Craft targeted pitches, curate and create seasonal PowerPoint presentations, and MailChimps for accounts and new business outreach, Position relevant frontlist and backlist titles within the account base
• Analyze sales data as it pertains to budgets and create strategies to maximize the sales within these budgets
• Following up on sales leads
• Capturing and maintaining notes on progress and upload to salesforce
• Monthly forecasting
• Inventory estimates
• Weekly Reports – sales, trends, etc.
• Sales presentations/meetings/tradeshows
• In person & virtual are required
• Business Reviews – creating and executing on internal/external reviews
• Minimum of 2 years of sales experience for Senior Sales Associate
• Highly organized with the ability to self-start and prioritize a heavy workload
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical skills with an emphasis on numbers and financials
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
• Ability to travel up to 10% of the year via plane, train, or car; attendance at local trade shows may require the ability to work over the weekend
• Proactive with strong follow-up skills
• Understanding of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
The salary for this position is $58,000. All positions are currently eligible for annual profit award or bonus, subject to Company results.
Penguin Random House job postings include a good faith compensation range for each open position. The salary range listed is specific to each particular open position and takes into account various factors including the specifics of the individual role, and candidate's relevant experience and qualifications.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmj93v-44-200-82-149-42 in your application.