Marketing Consultant, Automotive Sales
Sales Manager (Remote - East Coast)
Do you love reading? Are you passionate about readers connecting with and finding themselves in stories?
Join the Penguin Random House Sales team! We are currently seeking an East Coast based Sales Manager to sell our wide breadth of Adult and Children's front- and backlist titles, across all imprints. The account base for this unique role is comprised of general bookstores, as well as bookstores with a specific focus or mission related to supporting literacy alongside cultural awareness.
In addition, the Sales Manager will work to build and maintain a collection of titles from our adult, children's, and client publishing lists that represent diverse voices. They will also read and evaluate titles with a multicultural lens and collaborate closely with sales colleagues to offer feedback related to positioning titles within a variety of accounts.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Working closely with the sales team to identify and onboard new or previously unassigned accounts.
• Staying up-to-date on front- and backlist titles and industry trends in an effort to present accounts with the titles most appropriate for their consumers.
• Maintaining knowledge of terms of sales, publicity & marketing initiatives, etc. to support accounts.
• Managing database of accounts, account details, and sales figures.
• Communicating and collaborating with Sales Director and sales and publishing colleagues to maximize growth.
• Coordinating with sales management and publishing about orders, inventory, and other related components.
Please apply if you meet the following requirements:
• Minimum of 3 years of related experience; retail bookstore experience is a strong plus
• Strong knowledge of and passion for books and connecting readers everywhere with stories
• Demonstrated cultural competency
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including follow-up
• Proven ability to successfully manage multiple, competing priorities at one time
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Works well independently and in a team setting
• Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel
• Ability to travel periodically to trade shows, conferences, and accounts as needed
Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements using our online application process.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0ymz1-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.