This position provides sales support for a focused team selling Penguin Random House children's book to new and existing accounts in the Premium Literacy channel within Special Markets. This position will also report to the VP, Director of the department.
• Responds to all general inquiries received via general phone line/email inbox, from Customer Service and .biz website, and from publishing divisions; opens new accounts; directs customer iteraction, supports new and existing customers with pricing, ordering details, and tracking; submits orders internally with all required follow up.
• Generally, supports sales reps with literacy-focused accounts on the following: customer sampling needs; PO and customer-specific print order internal routing process; order tracking through various internal teams; customer presentations; generating presentations docs and needed materials; sales pitches; contact sourcing; runs ad-hoc reports as needed.
• Specifically, supports team (using a project management focus) with department's highest-billing account as well as other key accounts.
• Researches and builds P&L's for supervisor's accounts for use in assessing potential printing deals
• Curates and maintains title lists and/or create grids to meet ad-hoc title needs for accounts and new business opportunities
• Attends regular in-house sales presentations; occasional on/off-site customer sale meetings
• Work across multiple departments within PRH including Publishing Offices, Inventory Management, Production, Marketing, Supply Chain, Sales Operations, Customer Service, and Credit.
• Meeting prep ranges from creating presentations and PowerPoint decks to gathering materials (digital & physical); generating Edelweiss collections; etc.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple assignments
• Ability to work under pressure and maintain attention to detail
• Strengths in problem-solving, customer relationship building, negotiating, and other account management related skills
• Excellent communication skills layered with ability to work within a team
• Interest in children's publishing, children's books, coupled with interest in sales are all plusses
• Strong follow up skills
• PC proficiency (Microsoft Office 365)
• Previous publishing experience or bookstore experience very helpful
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 157102
Jul 28, 2021
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rek1b1-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.