DK is seeking an assistant to join their collaborative and dynamic Sales team. We are a global publisher of illustrated nonfiction books for both adults and children with a wide-ranging list of titles in the categories of education, lifestyle, licensing, and more.
This role would report to our Senior Title Manager and would provide administrative support to key areas of our team including title management, imprint sales, custom, and our VP of Sales. The assistant will need to demonstrate excellent organizational and time management skills and have a keen eye for detail.
If you are interested in learning more about the selling process for books and the different roles within the sales department, this would be a great role for you!
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Comparative title research for new titles
• Maintain grids and postmortem reporting for seasonal stock offers and sales promotions
• Running and distribution of various reports on daily, weekly, and monthly basis
• Assisting in order management and inventory requests
• Creation of presentations for seasonal Sales Conferences, and other ad hoc projects
• Edelweiss catalog support
• Work closely with the Custom team including:
• Maintain grids of confirmations & promotions
• Handling DSC paperwork, and tracking that all orders are billed correctly
• Organizing and sending (via email) billing documents and management of billing grids
• Creating the Custom catalog to showcase our projects
• Genuine interest in sales and book publishing
• Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
• Excellent communication, organizational skills, and attention to detail
• Capable of multitasking and managing time sensitive schedules
• Experience with Excel, and PowerPoint; experience in Google Workspace a plus
Salary for this position is $45,000.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d81bwm-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.