Publishing Assistant – Penguin Workshop
The Publisher and Associate Publisher at Penguin Workshop is currently seeking an Assistant to the Publisher/Associate Publisher with a true love of books.
This position provides administrative support to Workshop's Vice President, Associate Publisher and President & Publisher.
This is an opportunity to learn about children's book publishing, be part of a diverse and collaborative team, assist with editorial projects, work on a broad range of books and imprints, including Penguin Workshop, Mad Libs, World of Eric Carle, Grosset & Dunlap, Penguin Young Readers Licenses, Rise x Penguin Workshop, and Warne.
• Provide daily administrative support for both the Associate Publisher, and President & Publisher, including but not limited to calendar management, filing and mailings, working across a variety of proprietary online systems, scheduling meetings and calls, booking travel, and more.
• Research potential properties for the Publisher, assist with author and illustrator management, including literary agents, illustration reps, and creative studios
• Communicate with Publicity, Marketing, Sales and all other key team members within Penguin Young Readers
• Review and evaluate manuscripts, write rejection letters, and respond on behalf of Workshop's Publisher
• Assist Associate Publisher with departmental spending, maintaining monthly departmental T&E, scheduling and facilitating internal launch presentations and digital decks
• Provide brand updates and maintain departmental directory
• Prior administrative support experience required
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and Outlook
• Excellent written, communication, and organizational skills
• Proven ability to multi-task in a deadline driven environment, with strong attention to detail and great problem-solving skills
• Appreciation for all kinds of readers, diverse interest in books, and creativity a plus!
• Spanish language skills a plus!
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York City
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 150161
May 28, 2021
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re86z5-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.