We are seeking a Publishing Assistant to provide support to the President of Penguin Publishing Group; the SVP, Director of Strategy and Finance; and the Director, Business Development. This is a great opportunity to learn about the business side of publishing, the life cycle of a book, publishing strategy, and the industry and overall marketplace. The position offers a unique birds-eye view of the interaction between publishing departments and of the larger Penguin Random House organization.
The Publishing Assistant:
• Provides administrative support, including maintaining calendars and appointments, processing monthly travel & entertainment expenses, planning business-related travel, and ordering office supplies and books
• Schedules and coordinates small and large-scale meetings
• Liaises with employees, authors, agents, and other outside parties on behalf of the central Penguin office
• Runs ad hoc reporting related to sales and finance
• Creates materials (decks, charts, reports) for presentations
• Works closely with the Corporate Giving team on charitable giving and event requests
• Works closely with Office Services and Facilities on topics related to our physical office space
• Provides routine support in a wide range of areas, including author care; acquisitions; diversity, equity & inclusion initiatives; new hire onboarding; employee learning and development; future of work; and various corporate and special projects
• Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information at all times
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong ability to maintain confidentiality
• Must be comfortable working with numbers
• Should have facility working with Microsoft Excel on a regular basis or willingness to take a work-sponsored Excel e-course
• Strong organizational and time-management skills
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
• Ability to problem solve in a fast-paced environment
• Interest in strategy work and the business side of publishing
Entry-level salary for this position is $45,000. Kindly include your cover letter and resume in our application system.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvo4o0-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.