The Putnam imprint at Penguin Random House is seeking a Publicity Assistant to support two Associate Directors of Publicity. This role is tasked with organizing the logistics for publicity campaigns and performing general administrative duties. The Publicity Assistant will work with a wide array of adult fiction and nonfiction authors, including Kiley Reid, Robert Jones, Jr., John Sandford, Eve Rodsky, Jill Santopolo, Jeffrey Deaver, and many others and is the ideal position for someone who is interested in learning how to manage publicity for high profile authors.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Coordinating travel and other essential arrangements for major author tours
• Handling detailed tour and media schedules for campaigns
• Responding to a variety of calls from media, authors, and booksellers and communicating between in-house departments
• Coordinating and executing review copy mailings
• Liaising with bookstores for author events as well as attending local author events when possible and facilitating virtual author events when possible
• Processing invoices and maintaining title budgets on supervisor's campaigns
• Gathering and organizing press clips
• Creating press materials, such as press releases, pitch letters, and sample Q&As
• Performing online research to acquire publicity contacts and maintaining media lists
• Providing general administrative support to supervisors
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Strong interest in book publishing and publicity and a passion for books
• Comfortable working in a remote work environment if necessary
• Familiarity with media, news, and online organizations, in particular those that regularly feature books and authors
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a deadline driven environment
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong follow-up skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Proficiency in Zoom, Zoom Webinar, Skype, and other online platforms a plus
Salary for this position is $45,000. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjwwqe-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.