Publicity Assistant – Portfolio and Sentinel
The Portfolio and Sentinel imprints are seeking a Publicity Assistant to work with bestselling nonfiction authors in the business, self-help, and politics categories. The Assistant will provide general administrative and publicity support to the Director of Publicity and will also help execute publicity campaigns for hardcover and paperback titles. This role provides an intensive education in trade book publishing in a fast-paced, fun, and highly collaborative environment.
Our authors are internationally recognized economists, leaders, professors, CEOs, media personalities, and movement starters, and our mission is to help them refine and position their message, build their tribes, and spread their ideas far and wide. The ideal candidate for this position is a self-starter with a strong interest in current events who would be excited to be at the forefront of the changing landscape of business, work, and politics. Some of our notable current and upcoming authors include: Sophia Amoruso, Emily Chang, Cal Newport, Indra Nooyi, Y-Vonne Hutchinson, Ryan Holiday, and Ryder Carroll.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Helping to manage high profile media campaigns for bestselling authors.
• Providing publicity support to the Director of Publicity on a variety of campaigns.
• Arranging author events and creating author schedules
• Seeking publicity opportunities across print, TV, radio, and online media.
• Writing press releases, pitch letters, and other promotional materials.
• Coordinating mailings, publicity materials, and review copy requests.
• Actively developing and maintaining media and event contacts.
• Performing administrative duties for supervisor, including calendar management, booking conference rooms, sending packages to the media, managing expenses, tracking press coverage clips, etc.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Prior office experience
• Genuine interest in publicity and book publishing, specifically nonfiction
• Interest in business, politics, media, and/or technology a plus
• A proven ability to generate creative angles and pitches
• Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
• Excellent communication and organization skills
• Exceptional writing skills and attention to detail
• A proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment under strict deadlines
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and social media
• Knowledge of Cision and Publicity Assistant a plus
• Familiarity with business and political reporters, book reviewers, magazine editors, and bloggers a plus
Salary for this position is $45,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York City
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 151864
Jun 3, 2021
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy767k-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.