We are currently seeking a Publicity Assistant to join the Random House publicity department. This role supports the Associate Director of Publicity and Assistant Director of Publicity on the imprints Clarkson Potter and Ten Speed Press. Clarkson Potter and Ten Speed Press are leading cookbook and lifestyle publishers in the United States and home to award-winning, bestselling authors including Ina Garten, Martha Stewart, Chrissy Teigen, Toni Tipton Martin, Rodney Scott, David Chang, Hawa Hassan, Bryant Terry, Yotam Ottolenghi, and many more.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Responding to a variety of calls from media, authors, and booksellers.
• Drafting press materials, including press releases, pitch and galley letters.
• Gathering and updating press documents and helping with data entry related to campaigns.
• Coordinating and executing review copy mailings.
• Organizing detailed author tour and media schedule for campaigns.
• Performing online research to acquire publicity contacts and build and update media lists.
• Pitching press interviews and reviews for authors and their books.
• Liaising with bookstores for author events.
• Providing general administrative support, including sending calendar invites, mailing review copies, processing invoices, billings, expense reports, etc.
• Strong interest in publicity, publishing, and the food and lifestyle industry
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple responsibilities in a deadline driven environment
• Excellent organizational skills and superb attention to detail
• Strong follow-up skills
• Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe, PowerPoint, Outlook, BOX, and Microsoft Teams
Salary for this position is $45,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz5wz1-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.