We are currently seeking a Publicity Assistant to join the Random House publicity department. Supporting two Executive Publicists for Random House on publicity campaigns for both fiction and non-fiction hardcover and paperback titles, with a concentration in women's fiction, mystery/thriller, narrative non-fiction, memoir, and psychology/self-help. The Publicity Assistant will work with a wide array of bestselling books and novelists, multi-media brands, journalists, and newsmakers, and is the ideal position for a curious, confident, self-motivated person who loves books across genres, has an understanding of the media, and is interested in learning how to execute publicity strategy. This position provides an intensive education in trade book publishing in a fast-paced, exciting, and highly collaborative environment.
• Responding to a variety of calls and emails from media, authors, and booksellers.
• Organizing detailed author tour and media schedules for campaigns.
• Coordinating and executing review copy mailings.
• Collecting and sharing press clips/links with our internal team, authors, and social media teams.
• Drafting publicity materials, including galley letters, press releases, pitches.
• Liaising with bookstores/off-site venues for author events.
• Processing invoices, maintaining title budgets on supervisor's campaigns, and helping with data entry related to campaigns.
• Performing online research to acquire publicity contacts and updating media lists.
• Coordinating logistics for meetings, including calendar schedules, preparing meeting materials, and taking notes.
• Providing general administrative support, including answering phones, taking messages, photocopying, filing, expense reporting, etc.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Strong interest in book publishing, publicity and media relations, and in books across genres
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to juggle priorities in a deadlines-driven environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self-starter who takes initiative
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, Google Docs/Sheets, internet research
Salary for this position is $45,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 156587
Jun 24, 2021
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnbx5o-18-232-179-37-42 in your application.