Brand Consulting - Research and Analytics Assistant
New York, NY
Publicity Assistant, Random House
Founded in 1925, Random House is the proud publishing house of many of the world's most acclaimed storytellers, thought leaders, and innovators. Our host of imprints publish original fiction and nonfiction in all formats with the mission to entertain, educate, and inspire readers for generations.
We are currently seeking a Publicity Assistant to join the Random House publicity department. Supporting the VP Director of Publicity for the Del Rey imprint and the Associate Director of Publicity for Random House on publicity campaigns for both fiction and non-fiction hardcover and paperback titles, with a concentration in science fiction, fantasy, pop-culture, politics, history, and social justice categories. The Publicity Assistant will work with a wide array of bestselling books and novelists, multi-media brands, journalists, and newsmakers, and is the ideal position for a curious, confident, self-motivated person who loves books across genres, has an understanding of the media, and is interested in learning how to execute publicity strategy. This position provides an intensive education in trade book publishing in a fast-paced, exciting, and highly collaborative environment.
• Responding to a variety of calls and emails from media, authors, and booksellers.
• Organizing detailed author tour and media schedules for campaigns.
• Coordinating and executing review copy mailings.
• Gathering and filing press clips.
• Drafting publicity materials, including galley letters, press releases, pitches.
• Liaising with bookstores for author events.
• Processing invoices, maintaining title budgets on supervisor's campaigns, and helping with data entry related to campaigns.
• Performing online research to acquire publicity contacts and updating media lists.
• Coordinating logistics for meetings, including calendar schedules, preparing meeting materials, and taking notes.
• Providing general administrative support, including answering phones, taking messages, photocopying, filing, expense reporting, etc.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Strong interest in book publishing, publicity and media relations, and in books across genres
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self-starter who takes initiative
• Ability to juggle priorities in a deadlines-driven environment
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, internet research
Salary for this position is $45,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6z3p9-34-237-52-11-42 in your application.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.