Publicity Assistant, DK
DK's aim is to inspire, educate and entertain readers of all ages, and everything DK publishes, whether print or digital, embodies the unique DK design approach. DK brings unrivaled clarity to a wide range of topics, with a unique combination of words and pictures, put together to spectacular effect. We have a reputation for innovation in design for both print and digital products.
The Publicity Assistant will report directly to the Senior Publicist working with a wide array of books and authors, multi-media brands, journalists, and influencers. This is the ideal position for a curious, confident, self-motivated person who loves books across genres, has an understanding of the media, and is interested in learning how to execute publicity strategy.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Drafting publicity materials, including pub slips, press releases, and pitches.
• Responding to a variety of emails and calls from media, authors, booksellers, other employees at all levels of the organization, and external clients and contacts.
• Coordinating and executing review copy mailings.
• Performing online research to acquire publicity contacts and updating media lists.
• Gathering and filing press clips and other publicity campaign data.
• Organizing detailed author tour and media schedules for campaigns.
• Coordinating logistics for meetings, including calendar schedules, preparing meeting materials, and taking notes.
• Processing invoices, maintaining title budgets on supervisor's campaigns, and helping with data entry related to campaigns.
• Select and prep titles for award submissions and distribute winner information to colleagues.
• Route publicity and marketing materials for approval by licensor partners,
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and set priorities
• Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
• Strong interest in book publishing, publicity and media relations, and in books across genres
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Programs
Salary for this position is $45,000. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York
Postal Code: 10018
Job ID: 157641
Jul 29, 2021
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqovpz-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.