Penguin Random House is seeking a Production Manager to join the Penguin Publishing Group (PPG) division, working across several PPG imprints, including Viking, Pam Dorman Books, Portfolio, and Sentinel. In this role, you will work with a Senior Production Director and a Senior Production Manager on a list of approximately 30-35 titles seasonally consisting of mostly 1/C hardcover originals. You will move a book from manuscript through finished book stages, collaborating with design, inventory, and managing editorial. You will play an important role in ensuring that books are produced within budget, delivered on time, and are of the highest quality.
Some of our notable Viking, Pam Dorman Books, Portfolio, and Sentinel authors include: Barbra Streisand, Ken Follett, Amor Towels, Jojo Moyes, Nathaniel Philbrick, Ryan Holiday, Seth Godin, Sophia Amoruso, Simon Sinek, Emily Chang, and Brian Kilmeade.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Consulting with the managing editorial, production editorial, and art & design teams to develop the specifications and schedules for individual titles.
• Entering/updating book specs in SAP
• Creating estimates and profit & loss statements.
• Issuing purchase orders for each assigned title and approving necessary costs and invoices
• Working closely with vendors, including compositors, component printers and printer/binderies, with troubleshooting, schedules and deliverables.
• Trafficking materials and proof passes internally and with outside vendors.
• Examining book samples and ensuring quality benchmarks are maintained for each book product.
• Minimum of 4 years of hardcover production experience; trade paperback experience a plus.
• Ability to manage multiple responsibilities in a deadline driven environment
• A comfort with numbers
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong organization and scheduling skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Proven experience working with multiple vendors, including compositors and component printers
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Knowledge of SAP, FileMaker Pro, Box, InDesign, Acrobat Pro, and Photoshop a plus
• MAC proficiency a plus
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0mnm1-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.