Production Coordinator – Penguin Publishing Group
The PPG Reprint Production department is looking for a Production Coordinator to join our team! In reprints we pride ourselves on being able to ''save the day'' -- when books are needed, we find a way to get them produced and where they need to be. We're looking for someone who loves books and is enthusiastic about the book production process from start to finish-you'll get to work on prepress cover and text files, process and approve changes, and send print-ready files and purchase orders to our vendors.
You don't want to miss getting the hot New York Times bestseller into the warehouse just in time for a big author event, or catching the reprint for an award-winning title just in time to make sure that the WINNER seal makes it onto the cover. The best days in this job are when we get a request that seems impossible at first, but with some creative thinking we're able to find a way to make it happen.
This position will interact mainly with our internal managing editorial, inventory, and art departments, as well as external print vendors and compositors.
Because our reprint team handles all imprints across PPG, you will have a chance to work on all types of books (1/color, 4/color, trade paperback, hardcover, mass market, cookbooks, coloring books, hot new fiction titles, hidden backlist gems, etc). We love learning opportunities on our team, so if there's a type of book production you're interested in, chances are there's someone who's happy to tell you all about it right here in reprints!
• Handles all aspects of production including, but not limited to, facilitating text and cover changes, maintaining schedules by tracking the progress of titles through production using internal system reporting, estimating, scheduling, and all vendor contact.
• Maintains accurate specifications in SAP.
• Creates and issues purchase orders to component printers and binderies.
• Checks vendor invoices and ensures quote to billing match.
• Responsible for quality control checks on reprints.
• Provides administrative support to the supervisor including up keeping various reports, routing cover materials, and pre-flighting printer ready cover files.
• Minimum of 1 year book production experience
• Superb communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong organizational, scheduling, and time management skills
• Proven ability to multitask and prioritize in a deadline driven environment
• Strong arithmetic skills including the ability to work comfortably with numbers
• Proficient in SAP, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and File Maker Pro a plus
• Comfortable using Mac operating systems a plus
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 183741
Nov 20, 2021
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmw78v-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.