Production Assistant – Random House Children's Books
Random House Children's Books seeks a Production Assistant to join its team. The Production Assistant will provide support to the S.V.P, Director of Production and the Production Department.
As Production Assistant, you will provide support to the production team, where you have the opportunity to learn the art of book making for initial titles. You will be highly organized with the ability to successfully prioritize and multitask.
• Provides general administrative support to the Senior Vice President and Director of Production, and department.
• Handles requests for dupe files while tracking and maintaining an Excel grid of the various requests.
• Handles special projects as assigned by supervisor, such as extracting data from SAP to pull into Excel reports, creating pivot tables and manipulating data.
• Assists archivist in archiving of final print files.
• Attends and participates in monthly production staff meetings.
• Handles and coordinates daily outgoing packages to vendors
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Prior data management experience preferred
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize and multitask while keeping track of multiple ongoing projects and daily duties
• Ability to work well in a deadline oriented environment and handle changing priorities with ease
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook on both Mac and PC operating systems
• Familiarity with InDesign, Photoshop and File Maker Pro a plus
Salary for this position is $45,000. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4y481-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.