Editorial Assistant - Knopf Doubleday, Pantheon
Penguin Random House
New York, NY
Penguin Random House Audio is looking for a highly driven Post-Production Assistant who will work in a bicoastal team consisting of Post-Production Managers, Post-Production Associates, and Recording Engineers.
The Post-Production Assistant will prepare and archive project documents, prepare and support recording studios in Los Angeles or New York City, and assist the entire team as well as hired freelancers. This position will have opportunities to learn all technical aspects of audiobook production starting from recording through quality control.
• Create and archive online project documents and scripts
• Create and upload audio samples and fulfill other media requests
• Input session data entries and upload backup audio files to the company archive
• Assist with metadata proofing, CD ripping, tape transfer, and file conversion
• Provide technical and miscellaneous support to recording studios with audio equipment, computer equipment, iPads, scanner, etc.
• Conduct daily prepping of studios for technical setups as well as cleanliness
• Provide coverage for pickup scheduling and recording setups
• Exceptional communication and organizational skills with strong attention to detail and the ability to follow up
• Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
• Works well independently as well as part of a large team
• An understanding of various audio file formats and their specs preferred
• An interest in the audiobook industry preferred
• Experience in a studio or computer technical support role and working with database and metadata a plus
• Knowledge in computer programming, digital media formats, and post-production a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm51wm-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.